- 6/17/2014: The applicant has applied for a Department of the Army authorization to perform a one-time maintenance dredging of Princeton Harbor, Cornell Harbor, Pennsylvania Harbor, Oler Thorofare, Graven's Thorofare (south of Oler), 3rd Avenue Waterway, Porpoise Lagoon, the Unnamed Waterway between Porpoise Lagoon and 3rd Avenue Waterway, Bay Park marina and Long Reach Ramp, portions of Long Reach, Whale Harbor, and Sterback Harbor in Middle Township.
Expiration date: 7/18/2014
- 6/17/2014: The applicants stated purpose is to construct and operate the Leidy Southeast Expansion Project (LSE) in order to provide an additional 525,000 dekatherms per day (dt/day) of incremental firm transportation service from various receipt points on Transco’s Leidy Line in Pennsylvania to various delivery points along Transco’s Mainline as far south as Compressor Station 85 in Choctaw County, Alabama. The facilities required to provide this service include approximately 29.97 miles of 42-inch diameter pipeline looping, net addition of 71,900 horsepower (hp) at four existing compressor stations, and modification of various aboveground facilities. Construction would begin in the fourth quarter of 2014, and facilities would go in to service by the fourth quarter of 2015.
Expiration date: 7/18/2014
CLEAN WATER ACT INTERPRETIVE RULE FOR 404(f)(1)(A)
- 6/12/2014: On 21 April 2014, the USEPA and the Corps of Engineers (Corps) published a Notice of Availability and Public Comment (79 FR 22276) to announce the availability of an interpretive rule regarding the applicability of the exemption from permitting provided under section 404(f)(1)(A) of the Clean Water Act (CWA) for discharges of dredged and/or fill material associated with certain agricultural conservation practices based on the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) conservation practice standards that are designed and implemented to protect and enhance water quality. The interpretive rule was effective on April 03, 2014. The public comment period has been reopened through July 07, 2014, in response to stakeholder requests. Comments submitted between the close of the original comment period and the re-opening of this comment period will be accepted and considered.
Expiration date: 7/7/2014
CLEAN WATER ACT PROPOSED RULE FOR DEFINITION OF WATERS OF THE U.S.
- 6/12/2014: On 21 April 2014, the USEPA and the Corps of Engineers (Corps) published for public comment a proposed rule defining the scope of waters protected under the Clean Water Act (CWA), in light of the U.S. Supreme Court cases in U.S. v. Riverside Bayview, Solid Waste Agency of Northern Cook County v. U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (SWANCC), and Rapanos v. United States (Rapanos). The proposed rule was developed to enhance protection for the nation’s public health and aquatic resources, and increase CWA program predictability and consistency by increasing clarity as to the scope of “waters of the United States” protected under the Act. This notice is to announce that the comment period has been extended through October 20, 2014. Comments must be received on or before October 20, 2014. The comment period was originally scheduled to end on July 21, 2014.
Expiration date: 10/20/2014
- 6/12/2014: The applicant proposes to maintain structures that were constructed at the site between 1985 to the present. Recent work was performed to comply with a permit issued by the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) (file number 0515-07-0007.1, APL 10001). The following structures, which have all been constructed using non-polluting materials (Trex decking, fiberglass wrapped piles and plastic) with thirty three (33) piles, are proposed to remain on the site:
Expiration date: 6/25/2014