- 9/2/2014: The applicant (PSEG Nuclear, LLC) proposes to construct a new nuclear power plant and associated infrastructure adjacent to the existing nuclear power facilities known as the Hope Creek and Salem Generating Stations, at Artificial Island, a man-made dredged material disposal area/island created early in the twentieth century. The applicant has indicated that the following work/impacts (permanent and temporary) described below, as shown on the attached plans E-1 through E-27, within Waters of the United States (U.S.) including wetlands are conservative estimates (worst case scenario) based on the development of the Plant Parameter Envelope (PPE) that includes four reactor designs, from which one will be selected.
Expiration date: 10/4/2014
- 8/25/2014: Dredging of the Indian River Federal navigation channel in Sussex County, Delaware.
Expiration date: 8/30/2014
- 8/18/2014: The proposed dredging location is situated in Little Egg Harbor, between the Shelter Harbor Marina and the New Jersey Intracoastal Waterway (near mile number 45 as measured from Manasquan Inlet, adjacent to green channel marker “101” on the NOAA navigation chart). Shelter Harbor Marina is located at 1000 North Bay Avenue, Block 204, Lot 9, in the Borough of Beach Haven, Ocean County, New Jersey. The proposed location for the disposal of the dredged material is at Parker Island, which is situated approximately one half-mile to the southwest of the proposed dredging location. Parker Island is Block 221, Lot 1, owned by the Borough of Beach Haven. A location map is included with this notice.
Expiration date: 9/5/2014
- 8/1/2014: The applicant proposes to A) perform maintenance dredging, by mechanical or bucket method, of 33 berthing and access areas (outside the limits of the Federal navigation channel) at various facilities and B) maintain and operate the Whites Basin dredged material rehandling facility.
Expiration date: 9/1/2014
- 7/31/2014: The proposed dredging location is the New Jersey State Navigation Channel Number 198, known as Beach Creek. The channel is situated between the City of North Wildwood and Middle Township, in Cape May County, New Jersey. The proposed location for the discharge of dredged material is the ocean-front beach of the North Wildwood, between 2nd and 6th Avenues. A location map is included with this notice.
Expiration date: 8/31/2014