Following Hurricane Sandy, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Philadelphia District worked to restore its previously constructed Coastal Storm Risk Management projects in New Jersey and Delaware. These areas already had an engineered beach system in place before the storm hit.
- Long Beach Island (Harvey Cedars, Surf City and Brant Beach (34-57th Streets)
- Absecon Island (Atlantic City & Ventnor City)
- North Ocean City
- Avalon & Stone Harbor
- Cape May City
- Lower Cape May Meadows
The New York District of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers manages missions in New Jersey north of Manasquan Inlet. Click here to visit their page regarding coastal storm risk reduction activities in their region
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers' Philadelphia District awarded three contracts to restore Delaware projects damaged by Hurricane Sandy. Work was completed in 2013.
- Rehoboth & Dewey, Bethany & South Bethany & Fenwick Island
- Restoration of North Shore of Indian River Inlet
- Roosevelt Inlet and Lewes Beach