$150,000 and less
- Acquisitions valued between $3.000 and $150,000 are required (with few exceptions) to be solicited via the Army Single Face to Industry (ASFI) and Beta.SAM.Gov
GSA Multiple Award orders are solicited using eBuy:
- Simplified purchasing procedures are utilized.
- FAR Part 13 and its supplements apply.
Acquisitions valued at $3,000 or less do not require competition and are classified
as micro-purchase requirements. These requirements are generally purchased
using the Government wide purchase card.
a) Solicitation, evaluation of quotations, and award.
(1) To the extent practicable, micro-purchases shall be distributed equitably among qualified suppliers.
(2) Micro-purchases may be awarded without soliciting competitive quotations if the contracting officer or individual appointed in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 1.603-3(b) considers the price to be reasonable.
(3) The administrative cost of verifying the reasonableness of the price for purchases may more than offset potential savings from detecting instances of overpricing. Therefore, action to verify price reasonableness need only be taken if --
(i) The contracting officer or individual appointed in accordance with 1.603-3 (b) suspects or has information to indicate that the price may not be reasonable (e.g., comparison to the previous price paid or personal knowledge of the supply or service); or
(ii) Purchasing a supply or service for which no comparable pricing information is readily available (e.g., a supply or service that is not the same as, or is not similar to, other supplies or services that have recently been purchased on a competitive basis).