The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Philadelphia District will be conducting safety inspections on the Senator William V. Roth, Jr. Bridge (SR-1) beginning Oct. 15, 2019 and ending mid-December 2019.
Lane closures are expected as follows:
- Oct. 15–17, 2019; southbound exterior lane
- Oct. 18–22, 2019; northbound exterior lane
- Dec. 2–3, 2019; southbound interior lane
- Dec. 3–4, 2019; northbound interior lane
- Dec. 5–13, 2019; northbound and southbound interior lanes (closures will be in only one direction at a time).
Northbound lane closures will occur between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. Southbound lane closures will occur between 6:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The Senator William V. Roth, Jr. Bridge was built in 1995 and carries State Route 1 over the Chesapeake and Delaware Canal. The main span is 750 feet long and the overall length of the bridge is 4,650 feet.
Release no. 19-024