Vessel Owner: National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Lengthening Shipyard: Conrad Shipyard, Amelia, LA
Project Management Team: USACE Marine Design Center and NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
Design Team: USACE Marine Design Center, NASA Marshall Space Flight Center, and Bristol Harbor Group, Inc.
Vessel Operation Team: NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
- Length overall - 310'
- Hull breadth - 50'
- Hull depth - 15'
- Built - 1999
New Machinery, Equipment and Special Features
- Generator Engines: (3) John Deere, 200 kW ea, 1800 RPM
- Switchboard and Motor Control Center: 460VAC, Total Instrument & Electrical Services Inc.
- Cargo Shed Covers: Crown International Steel Building Systems Inc.
- D-Ring Tie Downs: (249) Peck and Hale F198-1/2
- Vessel lengthened from 260’ to 310’ by removal of 115’ midbody section and insertion of new 165’ strengthened midbody
- Various steel, piping, pump and valve replacements as well as servicing of all machinery and electrical equipment
- New generators, switchboard, motor control center, cabling, machinery space ventilation, paint coatings, and hull anodes
- New rocket mounting pedestals, hardware and deck pads proof tested for a maximum downward load of 556,000 lbs
- New 480VAC electrical power distribution system for Self Propelled Modular Transporters
- American Bureau of Shipping International Load Line Certificate
- American Bureau of Shipping Certificate of Classification for Maltese Cross A-1 Barge, Circle E