WHITE HAVEN, PA --
The U.S. Army Corps Engineers’ Philadelphia District announced the schedule for the final water release of the recreation season for the Francis E. Walter Dam in White Haven, PA.
The Army Corps’ Flow Management Plan allows for a final large water release as part of drawing the reservoir down to its winter level. The schedule and water release amounts for the final weekend will be as follows:
- Thursday, October 7, 2021, 1:00 a.m. – 1000 cubic feet per second
- Friday, October 8, 2021, 1:00 a.m. shift to 4000 cubic feet per second
- Saturday, Oct. 9, 2021, 1:00 a.m. – shift to 1700 cubic feet per second
- Saturday, Oct. 9, 2021, 1:00 p.m. -- shift to 850 cubic feet per second
- Sunday, October 10, 2021, 1:00 p.m. – shift to matching inflow
- *Release values assume a 500 cubic feet per second inflow
The Francis E. Walter Dam was constructed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in 1961 and has prevented more than $245 million in flood damages.
Release no. 21-031